It’s been an interesting six months since we last got together.
- Cassius Clay, Prince Rogers Nelson, Commandant Lassard, Vanity, Frank Sinatra, Jr., Phife Dawg the 5 footed freak, Joanie Laurer aka Chyna, Afeni Shakur, Kimbo Slice and Prince Be of P.M.Dawn shuffled off this mortal coil to the great beyond.
- The Golden State Warriors flogged the NBA regular season to an all time 73-9 record but in the end, LeBron got one for Cleveland (even if it took a little help from those that wanted to see the Narrative live)
- The newest virus to duck and dodge is the Zika..
- Eagle County’s most famous visitor retired from the league.
- Beyonce served us some Lemonade
- The Rio Olympics look like they’re DOA before they even light the torch.
- Peyton Manning snuck off into the sunset with one more championship ring won off the backs of a lockdown defense and a perplexing offensive strategy by the Carolina Panthers.
- Marshawn Lynch and Calvin Johnson retired from the game.
- The entire United Kingdom voted to Brexit the EU and some of those who voted found out their votes actually mattered and now want a do-over.
- Alligators, gorillas and little kids aren’t good mixes
- Derrick Rose is a New York Knick
- The ghost of Sandman Sims is shuffling on stage to come get Bernie Sanders off that Apollo stage.
- Kevin Durant is a Golden State Warrior.
- Batman vs Superman was a colossal letdown in theaters.
- Donald Trump’s bluffed and blustered his way to the catbird seat as a Republican presidential candidate
But the biggest story is that this man…
will be starting for the team that just won this past season’s Super Bowl!
I can’t see a bigger story affecting us as a society, do you? Didn’t think so!
I expect that we’ll have ourselves a helluva of a year this upcoming season.
Who will take the chip this year?
Will it be the Commish, who is trying to become the 5 time, 5 time, 5 time, 5 time, 5 time BTFL champion?
Will The Crownies (from a year ago) take the crown again whilst dabbing on us folk?
Will some San Fran fan who got lucky two years in a row climb back to the mountaintop? (Let’s hear from Mike Singletary on the matter…)
Or will another one rise from the depths to get that golden trophy next to their username?
Only time will tell.
I cannot wait to draft with you guys, talk that ish, and snag those free agents right out from under your noses!
I will see you, hear from you and battle you all in Season 8.
Good luck! May you make it to the playoffs and fight hard for 2nd and 3rd….