- More like the NFC Least. Amirite?
- The Dallas Cowboys lead the division and look like they’re in for a world hurt going forward. Dez and Romo going down sunk Jerry Jones’ battleship. Weeden’s been serviceable (for a change) but DeMarco Murray’s absence really shows that cutting costs @ the RB position is a bad idea. Randle’s fine as a change of pace guy but is stretched thin as a RB1….Where’s Darren McFadden?…And because the offense can’t stay ON the field, the defense is getting worn down late in games to the point where they lost two potentially winnable games because they couldn’t hold the line…
- Washington is 2-2 somehow. Not sure how considering their lack of noteworthy players on both side of the ball but they’ve managed to stay afloat. This team could EASILY be 0-4.
- The Philadelphia Eagles have been bitten by the Curse of the Chipper. Kelly’s offseason moves have not born much fruit. Kiko Alonso’s hurt, Sam Bradford’s been inconsistent (to be kind) and the run game hasn’t been the same. Granted, all new teams need time to gel but Kelly’s usage of his skill position players on offense has been a bit of a mess to start the season. They have to thank their stars they ran into a wishy-washy Ryan Fitzpatrick or they’d be winless right now.
- The NY Giants are 2-2 and everyone in the media is giving them such a rosy outlook on life. I’ve seen all 4 games and I’m not impressed. The run game is dysfunctional, the middle of the field is a playground for those who take advantage and there is little to no pass rush unless Nikita Whitlock is on the field (he plays FB most of the time!). They showed some heart for the 1st half vs the Bills but can easily have their balloons popped by San Fran next week.
- Green Bay is 4-0 and I don’t see them slowing down anytime soon. Whatever injuries they have and whatever deficiencies they may have on both sides of the ball is made up for by timely play by Aaron Rodgers, God Body MC, G.O.A.T. and our new Lord and Host. Are they bulletproof? No way. But they’re gonna be favored in every game going forward except for the Denver game on Nov.1st. They could go 15-1 and I wouldn’t blink. I’d just tell you water’s wet and blood inside the body’s blue.
- I can’t figure out the Minnesota Vikings. They get trounced by San Fran on opening night, beat Detroit and San Diego and put up a good fight vs Denver. Which team is gonna show up week to week? The PuenteAgua Show has been put on hold to let Adrian Peterson reassert himself as option A in this offense. He’s out here beating…..the competition…The team effort I saw in Denver was inspiring though.
- Da Chicago Bears have one win. And they should have zero (but Oakland still does Oaklandy type stuff like lose when they have an advantage across the board)…Injuries are piling up and there have been hints of a fire sale where you can get players for the low low (draft picks). Sad state of affairs. Mike Ditka’s gonna chew through his supply of cigars watching this go down….#FreeTheBlackUnicorn
- Detroit’s 0-4 and I’m okay with that. I’m no fan of Jim Caldwell and think he’s a frontrunner. When his teams don’t have the talent, can he scrape a win together? This season, so far, has shown us he can’t….Megatron looks like he needs a few more Energon cubes. Golden Tate looks like he’s got more juice than Calvin does right now and that can’t be the case for this offense to succeed….Ameer Abdullah is the real deal but he needs more reps. Joique Bell needs to be phased out/turned into a mentor because his playing time is costing the others. 20 carries for 22 yards? UGH….The defense still has some scrap to them but they miss the energy that Suh and Fairley brought to the defensive line…#ZachZennerWhiteRB…
- The Carolina Panthers have impressed me so far. Kelvin Benjamin tears his ACL before Week 1 and everyone’s playing taps on their bagpipes like a police funeral…Granted, they’ve played four lemons to start the season (JAX, HOU, NO and TB) but they did what was necessary to get the W….Cam’s doing what he can to keep this group afloat on offense and the defensive scheme has put the clamps down on a few potentially explosive offenses so far….Let’s see how things go the next four games. If they’re 6-2 after 8 games, I think they make it to the playoffs…
- How ’bout them Falcons? The DAL & PHI wins showed something because those are games they normally lose because of defensive lapses and an inability to move the ball on offense due to a shoddy run game/O-line….Julio Jones did the heavy lifting the 1st 3 weeks but Devonta Freeman’s picked up some major slack as of late. The man had some talent in college but no one expected his recent production….#HankTime….Kinda sad to see Roddy White become an afterthought but I’m also okay with them not forcing the issue with him…Wait till Devin Hester comes back!
- LOL @ the Buccaneers. Of course Tampa Bay is 1-3 when they should be 2-2 or even 3-1. Winston’s got some warts but with some good coaching, he should get better. Question is: will he get it in Tampa Bay? Not likely….Nice to see Doug Martin get back out there and chew up some turf…#GetLovieOuttaHerePls
- New Orleans pulled one out of their nethers this past Sunday because they could EASILY be 0-4. They go as far as Drew Brees’s damaged wing takes them. Trading Jimmy Graham wasn’t the answer and trying to transition to last year’s Dallas run offense without the proper pieces in place hasn’t gone smoothly so far….Love those Luke McCown commercials. The conspiracy theorist in me doesn’t think it’s a coincidence that he made those commercials and then managed to get a start…but I won’t go too far down that road…#TinFoilTheory
- The Arizona Arians lead the division right now but got tripped up by the Rams this past Sunday for their first loss of the season. Division games out West never disappoint….Larry Fitzgerald dipped his dreads in Lake Minnetonka in the offseason or something. He’s surely bucked the trend of fading old receivers limping to the finish line. I bet Anquan Boldin wishes he was still on this team…Props to CJ2K finding a landing spot and a starting gig. #CopSpeed….This team is still only going as far as Carson Palmer can take them… The schedule after the bye gets much tougher so they better pile up wins now….
- The St Louis Rams being 2-2 is probably one of the bigger surprises to me this season. Not necessarily the record but WHO they beat to get the record. Division opponents, on paper, who were considered better than them. But Nick Foles & company have gotten some timely produce and hung on for two wins to stay afloat out west. I see a loss to GB before the bye though….#ToddWoman-ley…Shout-out to Tavon Austin’s work so far. Not the star he was alleged to be out of college but the man is a weapon!…Aaron Donald is the best defensive lineman in the game. Hands down…
- Seattle is 2-2 with smoke and mirrors right now. That offensive line is worse than ever before, the run game’s in the pits with loose lugnuts and flat tires and Russell’s running for his life on 75% of his passing plays. Heavy’s the head that gets paid the most money but that’s what happens to QB’s when they cash in. They have to make it happen with cheaper, less-experienced parts and it’s not always gonna work….Kam Chancellor was so necessary to this defense. Week 4 vs Detroit showed his worth. Megatron surely knows who he is after MNF….Lynch having hamstring problems is so wack….#HauschMoney!
- San Francisco….How they won their first game is beyond me. Carlos Hyde looked like Jim Brown vs Minnesota, now he looks like Judge Joe Brown…That offense is offensive to my eyes…..NaVarro Bowman’s probably wondering if he should’ve retired….I don’t have much positive to say about them right now. Didn’t like many of their offseason moves, didn’t like many of their coaching hires and am not a big fan of their on-field product
- New England is going to raze the countryside like invading Mongolians and then salt the earth after they’re through. Rookie lineman? No problem. Top two wideouts both below 6 feet? So what? Run game is kinda meh? Not an issue….I cannot wait until Week 6 when they play Indianapolis on national TV. I’m expecting them to go for 70. #SnitchesGetStitches
- NY Jets are also impressive with a 3-1 record. They’ve beaten 2 disorganized franchises and another one with limited resources on both sides of the ball in the Colts. But then again, they would’ve found a way to lose to the Colts in years past so the Todd Bowles era is off to a rousing good start. But like most Jet fans, the optimism is a cautious one for now. After the bye, it gets interesting. Bowles will get tested, whether the test comes on the field or off of it…we shall see…The team needs the defense to stay healthy and for Fitzpatrick to keep the turnovers down. If both things happen, they got a shot. If not? Same ol’ Jets, no?
- Buffalo, Buffalo, Buffalo….The Fighting Rex Ryans sure know how to make things hard on themselves , don’t they? 17 penalties in their last game, 58 total in 4 games? Jim Schwartz got fired stuff like that but Rex gets the Bills in the mouths of national media so he gets hired…They should be 3-1 TBH but the refs kinda had it in for Tyrod Taylor with some cheap fouls that took points off the board….Speaking of Tyrod, much props to him. He got his shot and he’s made the most of it. Could’ve been an Eagle but Chip went with Tebow instead…#BadDecision…
- Miami? LOL. Just fired their head coach. The QB was ripping the practice squad for making him look like a practice squadder in practice. No run game to speak of. Defense is underperforming as a whole, not just Suh. And they just promoted their tight ends coach to head coach. Get these Porpoises out of the water. They’re not ready to swim with the rest of the league!
- The Fighting Hue Jacksons in Cincinnati are undefeated and look pretty good in the process. Are they perfect? No way, jose. Andy Dalton can still muck things up, as he’s known for. The run game isn’t a well-oiled machine yet and the injury imp is always lurking in the distance…but right now? They got the North on lockup. If they’re 6-0 before the bye, I got them taking the North, barring injury…Tyler Eifert is pretty damn good….I still wanted Marvin Lewis gone after last year, though. Can all this early success be helpful or hurtful to these tigers? Time will tell.
- Pittsburgh coughed up a golden opportunity to keep Baltimore in the basement. Now they’re 2-2 and have Mike Vick running the show for the annually-dinged Ben Roethlisberger. No shade @ Vick but this team is much more limited downfield with Vick in place….That secondary all need to donate their checks to charity because they’re not covering anything. They couldn’t cover a picnic table with a checkered tablecloth!….Antonio Brown and LevBell are still studs though. Uber-talented, top-tier guys….#MartavisReturns
- Baltimore needs to thank their lucky stars that Mike Tomlin’s beard made some bone-headed coaching errors in that last game. 1-3 is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than 0-4. But their transition to the Trestman offense has not gone well so far and their best receiver has 4 microfractures and 36 years of age on his body. He may be tough but fractures can make the toughest man stumble and take a knee…The defense against the run is still top tier but the loss of Terrell Suggs will hurt them down the line when they can’t generate pressure off the edge…
- Cleveland’s looked pretty okay these 1st 4 games, especially versus San Diego. The Jets game was a debacle with McCown getting his bell rung like a Salvation Army Santa Claus but since then, they’ve been alright. The organization is still a hot mess but McCown’s been passable at the helm for the Brownies….LOL @ Dwayne Bowe being Dwayne Bowe though. Does he love the game anymore or nah?
- (Do I have to? This division is boo-boo!)
- Indianapolis has one of the worst 2-2 teams I’ve seen. None of their games have been pleasing to the eye. If I were Andrew Luck, I’d GTFO when the contract situation ended. Find a better organization and clear out. I like the skill positions on offense and a few defensive players here and there but this team clearly needs investments into both sides of the ball and not more WRs…Pagano’s a lame duck if I ever saw one….Luck’s got a partially separated shoulder from carrying this team all these years….
- Tennessee is not that great but Mariota’s shown some signs early on. The passing offense should be alright for the season. Running game? Not so much. I’ve got little to no faith in Ken Whisenhunt to steer them the right way but maybe a coaching change might be in the works…Pagano next season maybe?…I see you, Kendall Wright and DGB!
- Houston Texans….smh. I like Bill O’Brien as a coach but he’s out there with two bad QB options and NO ONE coming off the sidelines to get those guys outta there. Hoyer/Mallett = YUCK. I feel bad for DeAndre Hopkins!…Arian Foster is gonna give up being a vegan playing for this team….Vince Wilfork was funny on Hard Knocks. Maybe he needs to come out on the field in those overalls and play the line. Might give him a stat boost or something?…
- Jacksonville….I always feel bad when this team starts out so poorly. I root for them because I look back fondly on their days with Brunell/Means/Smith/McCardell and Brady..but they just can’t buy a break. I don’t think they’re a badly coached team but the injuries just keep piling up..There’s talent there (Yeldon, Robinson, Thomas, Lewis, Harbor, Hurns, Bortles – kinda) but the rest of these guys can’t hold up. Keep your chin up, Gus!
- The Broncos are riding high out West at 4-0 but please do not believe your media outlet of choice that pins most of their success on Peyton Manning’s arm. This team is defense, defense and then the pass offense. Run game stressful….and Peyton’s wing is seriously limited. Deep throws are coin flips. #DevelopOsweiler…LOL @ Gary Kubiak trying to actually be the coach of the team. Dog, you know who the real coach is, playboy? #NationwideIsOnYourSide-line….That KC victory was so lucky!!
- Oakland is 2-2. I like what I’ve seen from Amari Cooper and Derek Carr so far but I can’t put much stock in a Jack Del Rio coached team. I know how that story ends and it ends in mediocrity, like always….How is Charles Woodson playing with a dislocated shoulder?….There is some talent on this team. I do see a bit of an upswing going forward. Might not lead to wins just yet but they’ll be competitive this year…
- San Diego Chargers are most likely holding tryouts at local gyms right this second for football players. Not because they didn’t sign any in the offseason. It’s just that most of them are hurt now! Entire sections of the team are down with injury. i do not know how Philip Rivers is doing it but he’s doing it…#KeenanAllenBack…And Antonio Gates returns, most likely to block..LOL…
- The Kansas City Chiefs make my head hurt. Jamaal Charles, Jeremy Maclin and Travis Kelce on one team and you only have one win? #HOWSWAY….That o-line and that secondary is gonna be an Achilles heel. I’ve seen some tape of that o-line getting pushed around like a Swiffer WetJet and it wasn’t pretty. And of course, Wally Walrus aka Andy Reid has cost his team with some poor time management, as is his way…#PutTheWalrusBackInTheSea…Can we stop with that Alex Smith narrative, please? There’s always going to be the “whatcouldabeen?” back in SF but since then, can we really say he’s progressed? Even Donovan McNabb / Koy Detmer pressed the ball downfield to much worse targets for an Andy Reid offense…sheesh….
As always, thanks for reading