- Good win versus Kansas City. It makes up for the NYJ debacle. CJ Spiller looks like the real deal @ RB but Fitzpatrick is still a shaky bet @ QB. Good bounceback game for the defense as well. And going 0-2 when the Jets and Pats look vulnerable would’ve been a problem.
- Reggie Bush is getting heavy praise for his game vs Oakland and it’s well deserved. Tannehill cut up the Raiders with Brian Hartline? Yeesh, Oakland MUST be bad. That defense hasn’t changed since last year and that’s a good thing. They need it to be this good to have a chance @ being decent.
New England Patriots
- Even when you think they can’t lose, they lost. TO THE CARDINALS. WITH KEVIN KOLB STARTING. AND LARRY FITZ ONLY HAD 4 YARDS RECEIVING. Is that Belicheck Spygate magic wearing off? Gostkowski had his Cundiff/Vanderjagt moment but I don’t think the Pats will be down all season because of this loss. Losing Hernandez for 4-6 weeks is an issue. WTF is up with the Wes Welker snap count? Edelman is NOT better than him. Kellen Winslow? I guess….they couldn’t find Uncle Carl or Harriet?
New York Jets
- After that 1st quarter, it was ALL downhill. Sanchez couldn’t hit a receiver and Tebow was only able to run a bit, flex his muscles and then sit down. Revis missing wasn’t too big a deal and the defense was decent but these are the types of games Large Benjamin finds a way to win. Back to the drawing board, Jet fans. Run game stressful. Pass game stressful.
- Joe has a new plaything named Dennis. Pretty Flacco wasn’t so pretty in the 2nd half. That buzz from the no-huddle is already done. Run the ball, Ravens. Ray Rice isn’t made of glass. Torrey Smith can’t get a consistent amount of passes thrown his way? Boldin got SHUT DOWN.
- This defense is a bend but don’t break. They give up WAY too many yards! AJ Green is good but he needs more receiver help than CFL castoff Hawkins. The LawFirm is still solid. Wasn’t Jermaine Gresham someone everyone talked about as being good? Where’s the produce, Jermaine?
- Weeden, Richardson and the whole offense played INFINITELY better this week but still came up short. With Joe Haden sitting, they got exposed through the air and with that lack of a pass rush, Dalton was able to move the ball. Trent D’arby looks better than expected. DQwell for president.
- No Polamalu, no problem apparently. They locked up the Jets like constipation. They did just enough to beat NY and that’s how the Steel curtain does it on certain weeks. They just grind out wins and shut the other team down in the process. This team is still very vulnerable but not many teams can take full advantage…
- No issues steamrolling the Jags. That defense is still smashing so we know Wade is still killing it. Ben Tate got some work in even with Arian Foster getting a full plate. But beating JAX and MIA isn’t something to celebrate yet. Let’s see how things go next week. Andre Johnson didn’t dominate a scrub opponent? No bueno.
- Vinatieri does it again. Andrew Luck had a last minute GW drive like a veteran. even though the Colts had a 2 score lead going into the 4th. That defense is pretty bad. Donnie Avery’s new nickname is Lazarus…Reggie Wayne is lord.
- Bad Gabby reared his ugly head in week 2. That pass game? Yikes. I’d rather cut onions for 3 hours. Jones-Drew is the only real reliable option on this offense. The defense did what they could but when there’s no offensive produce, the D is going to get run over as the game goes along. Was Marcedes in the garage all game?
- Huge disappointment so far. CJ2k will be lucky to be called CJ401K by season’s end. He is getting no yards and no lanes to run through. Jake Locker is the white version of the bad McNabb right now and that offensive line couldn’t block spam in its email right now let alone defensive players. Is Munchak over his head right now?
- Peyton Manning was stubborn in believing he could work the seam in that 1st quarter. Once he got picked that 1st time and even the 2nd time, he should’ve altered the game plan. Looking good, Willis. Demaryius Thomas is going to be a problem. Denver shouldn’t worry too much about this loss.
- And I LOVE me some Von Miller
Kansas City Chiefs
- I think that Romeo Crennel magic is gone. These guys look real bad right now. No run game. Dink and dunk pass game that only wakes up when it’s garbage time? Nah…Not liking what I’m seeing in KC right now. Jamaal. wjat up, bud?
- Carson Palmer is not the problem but he definitely ain’t the solution. Injury prone WRs, no run game and a team with focus issues. Not a good mix. Will probably stink this season up for the #1 pick, Matt Barkley. They can’t blame this one on Al Davis.
San Diego Chargers
- Not impressed with them @ all. 2 wins is cool but they played two teams in disarray. Kudos to Philip Rivers for steering the ship/stirring the drink considering how little talent he has around him on offense. But when the real teams come to town, they’re done. Curtis Brinkley is no better than Christie and Ronnie Brown is finito. Buster Brown needs to retire ASAP. Dante’s Inferno goes for 3 Tds! WHAT?
- Came across this video and I’ll let him do all the talking for me….
New York Giants
- A little close for comfort but you found a way to win. Eli Manning was bad at times but the drops definitely didn’t help. Bradshaw is made of tinfoil. He needs to stop trying to be tough and just try to be Brian Westbrook-like. That tough guy bidness gets you retired in this league. Nicks and Cruz are beasts. Black Unicorn!!!! That tertiary is awful. Big names but what do they do, except get beat?
- 2 and 0 by a dog’s whisker. Good work by Vick overall but it will only get tougher with all the injuries on the O-line. Maclin always seems to be hurt now. DJax is picking up the slack. Magnum PI aka Brent Celek was Jordan for one game. Can it continue? That defense is playing WAY better than last year and that’s because they finally have the personnel to make it work. Is Asomugha back to All Pro levels?
- Tough loss versus the Rams. RG3 = worldbeater. That defense lost major pieces and still had a chance to win at the end but Joshua Morgan really cost them their shot. He’ll be inactive the next 2 weeks guaranteed. This Alfred Morris guy isn’t going anywhere anytime soon…Garcon, hurry back soon!
- They were awful on offense. The O-Line was bad, Cutler had no room to operate and Mike Tice called a terrible game. Forte being injured is a problem considering how much sizzle he gave this team. Maybe Jay should keep his mouth shut in the days leading up to a division rivalry game…Just a thought. Where is Devin Hester?
- The 49ers shut down what they like to do and the Lions couldn’t adjust. I think they’ll still be in it down the road because that offense is so good amd all the injured secondary members are coming back as the season continues. Staffy needs to get his accuracy up and realize there are other receivers than Megatron on the field…Where you at, Titus?
Green Bay Packers
- That fake FG saved them. Because the Packers looked real average up to that point. They seem out of sync which is confusing to me considering the real lack of turnover. The pass rush looks better as do the corners but we’ll see with this team down the road. 1-1 means they don’t have to put too much pressure on themselves. James Jones – why so inconsistent?
- Sooooo…I guess we can slow this hype train down now that Adrian Peterson had a subpar game against a subpar defense? The defense is underrated. Very much so. Too bad this team doesn’t have enough offense right now. Maybe when Flipper Anderson…I mean Jerome Simpson gets back, they might have something. Will be competitive for most of the season.
- If Michael Turner ran as hard as he pressed down on the accelerator, the Falcons would be MUCH more balanced. Matthew Ice was pretty good, even with pressure in his face. This was Roddy’s week to dominate. Tony G doesn’t look old . He might be @ it for another 2 years. Mike Nolan had that defense swarming the field. Got to love that intensity and the chess match they won vs. one the better football minds in the NFL.
- MUCH BETTER EFFORT! Run, Run, RUN! Cam was in control here. The defense did enough to get the win. Not much else to say since I felt the Panthers were better than the Saints. Cannot wait to see them vs the NY Giants! Should be a good test for them.
New Orleans Saints
- Sean Payton’s play calling was SO important to this team’s success. Whoever else is doing it, is making the Saints look bad. Drew Brees is trying too hard. No matter how successful the offense is, that defense doesn’t have the right personnel to run the Spags defense. They will be .500 or sub .500 by year’s end. Can they turn it around quick?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Good effort from the Bucs here. The new gritty approach should get them a win or two based on intimidation alone. Everything about the Buc offense is OK but that defense is a menace against the run. An absolute joke in the secondary though. Schiano didn’t have to do the pilepushing in victory formation but I think the Giants getting too worked up over Manning falling down should pump their brakes. Could they make it to the playoffs?
- Them being 2-0 is all defense related. Very very very good defense that’s got to do the heavy lifting to get the offense some FGs or lucky TDs. Kolb is still no good and Larry’s production is suffering because of it but 2-0 is a good place to be even with nothing working on the offensive side of the ball. Ryan Williams, you are SO LUCKY that Gostkowski missed that kick or you would’ve been riding with Josh Morgan for a couple weeks. Beanie Wells….I’d rather have H.G. Wells in the backfield…
San Francisco 49ers
- Worldbeaters. Lords of the gridiron. Alex Smith is perfect for this offense and they do whatever they want to due to personnel and formations. The defense is world class, run game functional and Crabtree is looking like a true #1 option. Spanked the Lions and I expect those spankings to continue as the season goes on. Could they go undefeated?
- That homefield advantage got them a W here. Dallas came in and got rolled. Beast Mode left Skittle stains on the Cowboy jerseys and Russell Wilson managed the game well enough to win. Where is that passing game though?
St. Louis Rams.
- Move over, Wes Welker. Danny Amendola has taken your place at the top of the totem pole. Good win for them. Fisher’s got them pointed in the right direction. Tenacious D (no Jack Black…). Steven Jackson hurt? Quelle surprise! Sam Brads was sharp vs the Redskins…but those offensive line injuries could be a problem down the road.